Hi everyone - I have been a big Monk fan for a long time. I have seen all the episodes and I have read (and purchased) all the books.
I don't have a lot of free time but I can work in some time sporadically to beef up the pages here.
Some things that I have noticed:
1) The "Here's what happened" routine appeared on a few occasions in Season 1 but was rare until the episode "Mr Monk and the TV Star."
2) The thing about Monk looking through his fingers while examining a crime scene also only happened a few times in Season 1 but became standard in Season 2.
Maybe I can add more later.
Hi there, Quite a few years ago I saw sparodic episodes of Monk when it was shown in the UK. I liked it so much, that when I had the opportunity, I bought the first series on DVD. It was a terrific series, I always inteded to purchase the box set of all 8 series, but never did - unti today! I managed to find a set at a very reasonable price. I can't wait to get stuck in :)
So, I have been planning on adopting this wiki since none of the admins seem to be active and the pages are quite messy.
So far I have...
- ...updated, added, and fixed templates.
- ...completely edited the pages for the seasons.
- ...cleared up and structured the articles for the main characters.
- ...cleaned up categories and introduced new ones.
- ...edited a couple of actor pages.
- ...added pictures.
I am also currently in the process of editing the articles for the episodes and books.
Things I am planning to do and changes I want to enforce include...
- ...editing the front page to be more appealing.
- ...introducing a manual of style to encourage more consistent edits.
- ...cleaning up the articles further.
- ...adding pictures for each episode.
- ...adding refe…
For the record, I enjoy the majority of Monk, although as a true fan, i feel the need to address some of the worst episodes in my personal opinion:
Mr. Monk Goes Back to School: I just don't like this episode for the coach and his son. Seriosuly, Monk, a former cop who is capable of fighting, is afraid to fight the coach? He could get him fired for threatening him for one, secondly, he decided to give his bratty son an A because the coach inadvertently (and I mean that in the strongest sense) solve the case?! No, NOO!!!
Mr. Monk Goes to a Rock Concert: It's honestly just the numerous amount of inaccuries in the episode. Other than that, it was fine. I mean really, the whole time they're trying so hard to catch that ball,…
Guys if you got to the page Mr. Monk and the Magicain you can see how small it is. Truth is I had to rewrite that entire page. And by entire page I mean ONE WHOLE SENTENCE! Come on guys can do better than this! In that episode Kevin Dorfman dies and you guys don't even write a page? REALY? Listen Kevien dying is a major event, and it only gets one senctance, not even a paragraph. Guys what I'm trying to say is we need to work harder. I mean a good TV show deserves a good wiki.
How do you gain credit for a page? I created the page Kathy Willowby but that was before I got an account. I want credit for it. Can I get it?